Be ready for your Spray Tan!!
Here you will find the best tips for getting the amazing kiss of sun!
Spray Tan Prep… Exfoliate! Exfoliate!
- Think clean, dry body.
- Exfoliate 24 hours prior to tan with an exfoliating mit, or salt/sugar scrub.
- For the day of your appointment, exfoliate your skin with just a washcloth or loofah.
- Do not use an oil based soap or cleanser.
- Do not apply lotion, deodorant or perfumes before your Spray Tan.
- Schedule all workouts, hair, nails, waxing, spa appointments prior to your spray tan.
After Tan Care… When Can I Shower?
- Do Not Shower for 4-10 hours after your spray tan!
- There is a bronzer in the solution – so you will be extra dark until you shower.
- Take short warm showers using mild scented shower gel or soap. No Dove or Olay of Olay. Any product with Mineral Oil will break down your tan.
- Do not use wash cloth or loofah until you start fading or want to remove your tan.
- Shave with a light touch, and only when needed. Shaving acts as an exfoliating method.
- Pat skin dry, do not rub.
- Moisturize 2 times daily & apply a tan extending cream.
- Final results won’t be seen until after you wash the product off. Color looks best on days 2 & 3.What do I wear during my spray tan? Will it stain my clothes?
You are welcome to wear whatever you feel good in. The product will not stain any of your clothing or sheets. Some clients go nude, while others wear a swimsuit. For females – the choice is yours. Men must wear a thong, boxers or shorts. Please wear dark, loose fitting clothes. The DHA needs air to react with the amino acids in your skin. So the tighter the clothing, the more likely you will be uneven. Flip flops are the best to wear after your tan.
Why was my last spray tan was different from the previous one, even though I used the same solution?
Again, it comes down to your skin. Your skin is a living organ, and is affected by many things like: time of the month, season, food you eat, stress, medication you take etc. If your tan is different, even though the solution used was the same, the most probable cause is the condition of your skin.
Make sure that you use the same pre-tan regimen when planning your tanning schedule. Exfoliate with a body scrub o glove the day prior, and a washcloth or loofah lightly the day of. No make-up, moisturizers, etc…
*** Moisturize! You have to keep your skin moisturized or the Spray Tan will not last or fade evenly.
I am getting married, when should I get my spray tan?
I recommend the Bridal Package, which includes a consultation full body tan and a full body tan 2 days prior to your Big Day! The final result of your tan will be subject to the condition of your skin and where you are in your cycle. It is best to schedule your consultation tan the same time of the month as your wedding will occur.
How do spray tans work?
With spray tanning you achieve the same natural tan you would with a tanning bed or in the sun. We hand spray the product onto your body. A full body spray tan takes approximately 5 minutes to perform. Depending on the solution you choose, you must stay dry 4-10 hours before washing the temporary bronzer off. Tan looks best on day 2 when it’s fully developed. It is best to avoid sweating and sun exposure for 24 hours after application.
DHA is the main ingredient in any tanning solution or lotion. The medical term for DHA is known as dihydroxyacetone. (di-hy-droxy-ace-tone).
DHA is a natural ingredient derived from sugar cane that interacts with the amino acids in dead skin cells to produce a brown color change. Since these dead skin cells are constantly being shed, the color change produced by DHA usually lasts about five to seven days.
DHA is not absorbed through the skin into the body and it has no known toxicity.
Will my tan be orange or streaky?
No! As long as you follow our important prep before your appointment, you will definitely not be streaky or orange. Following prep and after care are imperative!
How long with my spray tan last?
Your Spray Tan should last at least 5 days. Results vary. We have heard as little as 5 days to as long as 12 days without fading. Excessive sweating, swimming in chlorine, salt water, jacuzzi use, etc., may adversely affect your tan. Moisturize your skin twice daily to extend the life of your tan. We offer amazing Tanning Extenders that will help you keep your tan longer!
What products do you offerr?
The solutions we offer are completely natural and boast a unique blend of healthy botanicals and extracts that leave your skin hydrated, dewy and beautifully bronzed! The solution lines we offer are: Norvell – Organic, Eco Tan and Evolv. Each line has it’s unique properties and we choose the solution best suited for your needs. Rest assured that everything we carry is free of Parabens, Phlalates, Dyes, Ureas, Checmical Fragrances, Mineral Oils & Proployne Glycol.
What percentage DHA should I use?
First, we have to determine your skin type. Are you fair, medium, dark? Do you burn easily or tan easily? There are many questions associated with choosing how dark you want your spray tan to be…
We will walk through the options and customize a solution to tailored to your skin type and tanning goals.